Thursday, February 5, 2009

4 more days!!

I can't believe that this time next week we will be almost halfway through our time in Ethiopia.  Steve and I have not even begun to pack!  I am a bit afraid of how I am going to get all of what I want to take in 2 small suit cases!  
We had a great lunch today with the Interns!  Steve and I are so excited to spend 9 days with them and Holly.  What a great group of people.  God has us together for a great purpose!  I can't wait to see what that is!  
Steve challenged us with Phil. 2:5-11
  "Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond- servant, and being made in the likeness of men.  Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.  For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE will BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is LORD, to the glory of God the Father."

6 comments:

  1. Tammy and Steve,

    I'm so excited for your trip! Have a great journey and I hope that we can get together upon your arrival to share stories about Ethiopia.

    May you be blessed by this experience.

    Sincerely,
    Justin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy and Steve,
    We are anxiously waiting to hear of your safe arrival in Ethiopia. Hope your flights were comfy. I pray that you are both feeling well! Love you so much!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about you today and decided to look up when your trip was and lo and behold, it started today! I pray God's grace, strength, and peace over you! Love ya, Donna Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got news from the church that the team arrived safely in Ethiopia today!! They have all of their luggage as well! That is great news. We are thankful for a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the 26 hour trip to Ethiopia went well. It's about 9:30 am Wednesday for you. I've got to get some sleep but just hoping to hear that the trip over went well. Give God your best!

    Note for Seth, UK beat Florida, 68-65. Meeks hit a 3 to break the tie with 5 seconds left. Galloway fouled a 3-point shooter with .6 seconds left. He had 33 points but missed the first 2 free throws. Had to intentially miss the 3. Missed the rim. UK wins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you all arrived safely. Shane and Meagan and I are praying for you all and miss you guys!

    Brent: KU lost at the buzzer. They were up 62- 60 and with a few seconds left MU hit a 3 pointer! Sorry. (Paige of course texted me M-I-Z-Z-O-U) Love you. Kels

    ReplyDelete